Sculpture of Orpheus to Be Erected in Smolyan
Sculpture of Orpheus to Be Erected in SmolyanSculpture of Orpheus to Be Erected in Smolyan The southern Bulgarian town of Smolyan has chosen Orpheus for the symbol of the town. The sculpture will become the trademark of the town and the Rhodope Mountains. The author of the project is Georgi Chapkanov. He managed to capture the moment when the mythical singer holds the arm of his beloved Eurydice leading her towards the light of our world. The moment before she turns her back and he loses her forever. The idea about the monument came from the famous expert in Thracian studies Ivan Marazov. A model of the unique sculpture is exhibited at the art gallery of the town.
Please, post a comment on Sculpture of Orpheus to Be Erected in Smolyan.
We will greatly appreciate this. It will help us improve the content of this website, so other people know what they can expect.
Ski holidays in bulgaria
- Book a ski holiday in Bulgaria
- Family ski holidays in Bulgaria
- All Inclusive ski holidays in Bulgaria
- Ski holidays for beginners in Bulgaria
- Group ski holidays in Bulgaria
- Luxury ski holidays in Bulgaria
- School ski holidays in Bulgaria
- Ski holidays in Bansko
- Ski holidays in Pamporovo
- Ski holidays in Borovets
- Ski holidays in Chepelare