Address: Open from 11.30 am till late
Telephone: +359 3021 8338
Chevermeto is the most popular restaurant around. It was founded in 1971 by Bay Panayot (you can see his monument in the back yard of the restaurant). There are 2 main halls in the restaurant for max. 350 persons.
The food served here is mainly local, from the region of Rhodopi mountain. The main specialty is "cheverme" - lamb on barbeque. But also available is vegetarian food, many Bulgarian salads, etc. The wine selection in this restaurant consists of 30 types of Bulgarian red and white wines.
There is live music orchestra playing mainly folklore music and songs. Sometimes there is a special folklore show with songs and dances. Every night there is a special tradition that they keep in the restaurant, called "Chopping of the Cheverme". 4 or 5 lambs are roasted on the fire for few hours before that. At 8 pm the Chef starts to cut the lamb meat into portions according to the local tradition that comes from hundreds of years ago. This ritual lasts for about 30 minutes until all lambs are cut into single portions and served to the guests.
Here are some meals and prices from the menu:
- bottle of Bulgarian wine: 14-16 levs
- local beer in bottle of 0.500: 2.50 levs
- roasted dishes on fire 0.500 kg: 11-12 levs
- lamb steak 0.300 kg: 14 levs
- soups: 3-4 levs
- salads: 3.50 - 5.50 levs.
According to the manager (who also is the Chef of the restaurant) Mr. Todor Pehlivanov, they try to keep the local tradition in preparing of tasty food, the folklore songs and dances and hospitality. It is recommended that guests make reservation in advance, because the place gets very busy in evenings:
For reservation please call: +359 3021 8338
Please, post a comment on Chevermeto restaurant in Pamporovo.
We will greatly appreciate this. It will help us improve the content of this website, so other people know what they can expect.
- Book a ski holiday in Bulgaria
- Family ski holidays in Bulgaria
- All Inclusive ski holidays in Bulgaria
- Ski holidays for beginners in Bulgaria
- Group ski holidays in Bulgaria
- Luxury ski holidays in Bulgaria
- School ski holidays in Bulgaria
- Ski holidays in Bansko
- Ski holidays in Pamporovo
- Ski holidays in Borovets
- Ski holidays in Chepelare